Advertise with the UK's official weather service
Advertise with one of the world's leading authorities on weather and climate science.
One of the world's foremost weather and climate service providers, we have the largest reach in the weather market for advertisers across both our website and mobile applications.
On average per month:
- 6.6 million unique visits
- 70 million page impressions
- 21 million visits per month
- 5,000 UK forecasts for geo-targeting opportunities
In peak times of severe weather such as January 2013:
- 40 million unique visits
- 150+ million page impressions
Mobile application reach
The Met Office provides a free weather application across the core mobile platforms in the UK.
- 36.2 million sessions per month for iPhone and Android App.
- More than 6.3 million iPhone application downloads.
- Over 3.5 million downloads on Android (including Kindle).
- 320 x 50 Mobile Banner
We are offering you the opportunity to sponsor the following sections of our website:
Run-of-site advertising is available through leaderboards and MPUs.
Targeting and campaign management
The Met Office uses DoubleClick for Publishers (Google DFP) as its ad server.
In addition to standard targeting options we can deliver:
- thermal-activated campaigns - run ads according to temperature;
- other weather-related targeting (rainfall/atmospheric pressure);
- by forecast request - UK towns/cities, international resorts etc.
To find out more about the different advertising and sponsorship options see the Met Office Digital Media Pack
Contact our Customer Centre and ask to speak to an advertising account manager.
Complete our enquiry form
You may have noticed advertisements occasionally appear to 'follow' you when browsing across different websites. This is known as behavioural targeting; to opt out of Google behavioural targeting please see instructions at www.google.com/settings/ads
Last updated: Jul 28, 2016 3:19 PM