Diversity and Equality Forums at the Met Office
Information on the Diversity and Equality Forums at the Met Office.
Diversity and Equality Council
Voluntary representatives are drawn from across the Met Office to provide a consultative forum for communication on diversity issues. The council is working to ensure that the environment we work in is a positive one that allows individuals to make a difference and the organisation to thrive.
The role of the council:
- To provide visible leadership and commitment for a diverse organisation.
- Using available data and metrics, review, develop and monitor diversity action plans.
- Publicise achievements and agree appropriate resources.
- Work towards the long-term development of diversity and equality within the Met Office.
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender Network (LGBT)
Run by a network executive of volunteers but open to all staff to:
- provide information and support for staff;
- increase awareness of LBGT issues;
- actively promote the Met Office diversity agenda to include encouraging difference, openness, fairness and transparency, through which a positive and open working environment can be created.
The Network holds quarterly 'formal' meetings at Met Office Headquarters, represents the organisation at Pride events and holds regular social meetings out of the office.
Last updated: Jan 11, 2013 3:09 PM