Marketing and Marketing Intelligence
Contribute to tactical and strategic marketing and planning activities and the effective implementation to deliver profitable, sustainable business. Gather, store and analyse market, customer and competitor intelligence to ensure improved business understanding and decision making in new and existing markets.
- Marketing Manager
- Planning and Marketing Manager
- Market Analyst
- Market Intelligence Manager
- Market Intelligence and Customer Insight
- Strategic Marketing planning
- Customer proposition creation
- Marketing Communications Management
- Marketing planning implementation
Focus on delivering profitable revenue to new and existing customers in accordance with corporate and programme plans.
- Account Manager
- Technical Account Manager
- Sales Executive
- Sales Executive Manager
- Discovery and Research (customer/market)
- Knowing your products/services
- Building trust and credibility
- Personal selling skills
- Relationship building
Contribute to the identification and development of strategies to exploit medium-term and potentially high-risk opportunities for business growth.
- Business Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Business Development Manager
- Principal Business Development Manager
Entry requirements and selection criteria
- Degree in Marketing, Sales or Business (or evidence that a significant part of your degree has focused on one of these areas)
- Evidence of contributing effectively as a member of a team
- Proven ability that you are results focused, driven and committed
- A clear appreciation of customer needs and the importance of good customer service.
- Excellent communication skills at a range of different levels and using different communication techniques.
- A clear proposition as to why you want to work at the Met Office and what specific skills or qualities you could bring to the organisation.
As a Business Graduate Trainee you will experience each of the business areas in this area. You will work within each stage of both the marketing and sales cycles, from product development to sales completion and the different aspects in between. In addition, you will have short taster sessions in the areas that our business depends on such as forecasting, customer service management, and finance.
Last Updated: 14 December 2011