150th photo competition terms and conditions
Closing date: Wednesday 31 August 2011 12.00 BST (British summer time)
- This contest is open to the general public. Entries from individuals involved in competition planning or judging, and entries from professional photographers, are not eligible to win or receive major prizes.
- A maximum of two photographs will be accepted per entrant. We will accept photographs taken from the 1 January 2011 to 31 August 2011.
- By submitting an image to our contest, you must affirm you are the creator and rightful owner of this image. Entries must be the original work of the entrant. All rights, including copyright, in the photographs are retained by the artist.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimisation (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, colour and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- The Met Office reserves the right to remove any photos that violate the contest rules.
- Any photographs featuring car number plates will not be included, for data protection purposes.
- Any entrants under 18 must have written parental consent to submit an image.
Judging and Prizes
- The Met Office will judge the competition and decide on the winners.
- Photographs will be judged on how well they match the brief of defining weather moments and the impact on your life.
- There will be one overall winner of the competition and 10 runners-up. The top prize will be a trip to the Met Office, plus a framed image of your picture including a forecast for the day it was taken. Runners-up will receive Met Office goodies.
- Winners will be notified by the 30 September 2011.
Questions and enquiries about contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Aug 1, 2011 7:14 AM