For TeensThese items are designed to help you learn more about weather and its impacts.
A selection of case studies of different types of severe weather.
- Widespread snow January 2013
- 2012 — a wet year
- November 2012 flooding
- July flooding 2012
- April 2012 - Wet with a windy end
- UK Snow 4 to 5 February 2012
- The UK experiences an Indian summer
- UK Snow November-December 2010
- Hurricane Igor hits Bermuda
- The Russian heatwave of summer 2010
- Ottery St Mary Hailstorm October 2008
- Bodmin Snow (November 2005)
- Hurricane Katrina (August 2005)
- Boscastle Floods (August 2004)
- European Heatwave (August 2003)
- UK freezing rain - 23 to 24 January 1996
- Great Storm (October 1987)
- London's Killer Smog (December 1952)
- Winter Chills (1947 and 1963)
- Flood Alert
Fun and games
Why not have a go at some of the games in our kids section?
Find out what happened to this small Cornish village when 75mm of rain fell in two hours.