Video Conferencing with the Met Office
Live resources for Key Stages 1 through to 5
The Met Office is hosting a series of free video conferences for schools and colleges in England. Offering a unique and interactive aid to learning in the classroom, each 45 minute presentation is bespoke, having been tailored around the questions your students want to put to us and is delivered by our own weather and climate experts.
This service is funded by the Department for Education
Before you apply, please read the following important information.
- Please ensure your school or college has the facility to run a video conference before applying.
- Schools and colleges must be registered with Janet. You will be required to enter your venue address as registered with Janet in our online booking form. Please ensure this is entered accurately as the video conference will be booked using these details.
- As the number of available video conferences is limited, schools and colleges can only participate in one conference during the 2012/13 programme.
- Before proceeding to the Booking Form, you will be required to select a test date. This is to enable us to ensure that the link between the school and the Met Office is working.
- Should you have any questions about our video conferencing service prior to booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- As this is a limited resource we regret changes cannot be made to the subject list and dates that are currently on offer. The Met Office reserves the right to amend the programme of video conferences without notice. All conferences are subject to availability of the appropriate expert.
- This free service is funded by the Department for Education and covers schools in England only. We regret that the terms of our contract do not permit us to accept bookings from schools outside England. However, schools outside England but within the UK can book a video conference session for a fee – please contact email@example.com for details.
Please look at this list of available video conference subjects.
Video conference subjects
|Subject||Video conference reference code||Age-appropriate content including...|
|Weather||WX1||WX2||WX3||WX4||WX5||Water cycle, clouds, rain, snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, thunder and lightning, weather extremes. How weather forecasts are produced.|
|Climate change||CC2||CC3||CC4||CC5||The evidence surrounding the science of climate change and the possible impacts around the world.|
Once you have chosen your preferred video conference, please complete this application form.