Met Office schools visits
Each year we host visits from school groups at our Exeter HQ — mainly from schools local to Exeter but also those from around the country who are visiting Devon on field trips.
Staff volunteers give presentations on the following topics:
- Weather forecasting
- Severe weather
- Climate change
- Maths at the Met Office
The presentation will be followed by a tour of the weather observations equipment.
We know from the feedback we receive from the schools how much the children enjoy their visit and how the experience promotes their interest in maths and science subjects.
For groups under the age of 10 and for those unable to visit Devon, teachers may:
- Request video conference
- Request a Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths (STEM) ambassador to visit your school
Groups wishing to visit us in Exeter please complete the booking form below.
School visits to our Exeter HQ booking form
Please complete this form to request a visit to the Met Office.
- Visits are open to groups from UK-based state or public/private schools
- We will only take requests from official school email addresses.
- We only accept one visit per school in any one academic year. (This is to give as many schools as possible the opportunity to visit.)
- We host one visit a week during the term, on a Wednesday morning from 10.00 to 12.00.
- Group size is a maximum of 35 (including at least two teachers.)
- Students must be aged between 10 and 17 years of age.
- Schools visits to our Exeter HQ take place in the autumn and spring terms only.
- Groups will need to make their own lunch arrangements as we are unable to offer any refreshments and have no space available for groups to eat packed lunches.