Call for diagnostic subprojects
Contact / Steering Committee
Data requirements - Information to run simulations
The diagnostic list for this experiment uses a subset of the standard CMIP5 lists. As such, modelling groups submitting to CMIP5 should need to do little extra work to set up diagnostics for Transpose-AMIP II.
• Diagnostics cltisccp, albisccp, pctisccp from table ‘cfDay: 2D’.
• Table ‘cfDay: 3D’ but excluding clcalipso.
• Diagnostics tnt, tnta, tntmp, tntscpbl, tntr, tntc, tnhus, tnhusa, tnhusc, tnhusd, tnhusscpbl, tnhusmp from table 'cfMon: 3D'.
• Table 'day: 3D' (fields on selected pressure levels)
• Table ‘cf3hr: CloudSat/CALIPSO/PARASOL simulator output in orbital curtain format’.
High temporal resolution (approximately half-hourly (depending on model timestep)) data are requested for a set of key sites (the CFMIP sites). These include the location of ARM and CloudNet sites, together with several transects and other points used by a number of international projects. The (longitude,latitude) co-ordinates of the sites can be found here (ignore entries beyond 119).