Make a windmill
Wind is used to power things, you might see large windmills in the countryside.
What you will need:
- Download our Windmill template
- Colouring pens
- Pencil or knitting needle
- Blu-Tack (or similar)
- A paper fastener
- A small bead that can go through the paper fastener
- A cardboard tube (from kitchen towels would be ideal)
What to do:
(you might need some adult help)
- Print the windmill template and cut it out along the dotted lines.
- Decorate with colourful patterns.
- Put the lump of Blu-Tack under a little circle where you need to make a hole.
- Use a pencil or knitting needle to make a hole. You need to make five holes, as shown on the template.
- Fold towards the centre and push a paper fastener through all five holes.
- Thread a small bead on the back of the paper fastener.
- Make a hole near the top of your cardboard tube.
- Push the paper fastener in the hole and fold the ends back to stop it from coming out again.
You can decorate the cardboard tube to make it more colourful.
Last updated: Feb 20, 2015 1:49 PM