Met Office to showcase its international defence capabilities
Feb 18, 2013 10:54 AM
The Met Office International Defence team will be showcasing a range of systems, software and capabilities at the NAVDEX exhibition in Abu Dhabi from 17 to 21 February 2013.
In collaboration with UK Trade and Investment, the Met Office presence forms part of the UK pavilion which will host a number of UK companies demonstrating a range of maritime products and services.
As the UK's national weather service and trusted advisor to the UK Ministry of Defence, we work closely with professional partners across defence, both in the UK and internationally.
Our operational services are underpinned by an in depth understanding of the atmosphere, developed through decades of scientific research offering effective support to military decision makers.
Shelley Robinson, International Defence Relationship Manager said: "The Met Office is delighted to be partnering with UKTI, NAVDEX provides an exciting opportunity to share our capabilities to a wider defence audience for whom we can add value in environmentally sensitive situations".
The Defence services will be available to discuss the full range of solutions available, including application and benefits.
- Our services to the defence industry include:
- International defence services - a complete weather forecasting production system.
- Namis-X - a flexible military weather visualisation system.
- Capability development enabling smarter decisions.
- World leading weather, ocean and wave modelling capabilities.
- Historical, current and forecast weather and ocean information feeds for forecasting and military information systems.
- Training for military aviation and maritime users and environmental specialists.
- Technical support and consultancy.