© Crown Copyright www.metoffice.gov.uk
News, projects and publications about PRECIS.
- Climate Modelling in Bangladesh (PDF, 1 MB) A model for capacity building in developing countries
Atmospheric Circulation Reconstructions over the Earth (ACRE)
A reanalysis project for historical observations led by the Met Office Hadley Centre. "With the growing concern about climatic change, variability and extremes, there is an equally growing demand for reliable, high-quality and high-resolution historical instrumental observations of past weather and climate."
PRECIS at the Canadian Climate Change Scenarios Network
PRECIS runs from the Centre for Studies of Energy and Environment at the University of Regina.
For a list of publications related to PRECIS please see PRECIS Related Publications (PDF, 39 kB)
- Abel Centella-Artola, 2014,
- Karina Williams, 2014,
- Moussa S. Mounkaila, 2014,
- Sara Nowreen, 2014,
- R. Rajbhandari, 2014,
- Xiuquan Wang, 2014,
- Prasnta Kumar Bal, 2013,
- Dawit Abebe, Ethiopia, 2011, Future climate of Ethiopia from PRECIS - Experimental Design (PDF, 647 kB)
- Republic of Lebanon Ministry of Environment, 2011, Lebanon's Second National Communication to the UNFCCC
- Christian Seiler, FAN-Bolivia, 2009, Implementation and validation of a RCM for Bolivia (PDF, 3 MB)
- David Michael Hein-Griggs, University of Reading, The Representation of Extreme Precipitation in the HadRM3P Regional Climate Model (PDF, 1 MB)
- Faisal Al Zawad, 2009: Climate Change in Saudi Arabia on a Regional Scale: Impacts on Evaporation, Surface Runoff and Soil Moisture
"This book is the first in introducing the use of PRECIS... Even though this book is about Saudi Arabia, the techniques used can be applied easily to other regions in the world."
- Y. Zhao, 2014,