Historical Metocean data
Inform marine operational planning and determine the best offshore wind farm sites with an unrivalled archive of historical data.
Whether you require information for site selection, construction or operations and maintenance, you need a complete and accurate picture of the risks presented by the marine environment.
We can provide you with a wide range of global information - from measured or modelled metocean raw data to bespoke analysis and reports to complement our range of operational and planning statistics.
- Frequency analysis of environmental conditions at sites across the globe, are estimated using specialist statistical techniques such as downtime analysis, to decide on feasibility and strategic operating windows. Supported by environmental atlases and the UK Hydrographic Office routing charts.
- Tailored assessments of probable downtime and operational success rates will increase efficiency and safety and reduce operational costs. These reports are based on your defined weather parameters, thresholds and duration.
- Metocean design criteria service, to complement our range of operational and planning statistics and support the design and installation of offshore structures.
From fully integrated consultancy support to supplying specialised metocean data. We have the specialist knowledge and understanding of the offshore environment to help you get the facts required to meet your specific needs and budget.
Major projects include:
- Providing wind and wave resource input to the 'Atlas of UK Marine Renewable Energy Resources' - a strategic environmental assessment report, produced by the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR).
- Providing expert consultancy for the development of 'Guidelines for the use of metocean data through the life cycle of a marine renewable energy development'.
Graphic of annual mean wind power at 80m (Copyright BERR)
Last updated: 20 April 2016