Post Processing Applications
Delivering scientific solutions for specific new product developments as we grow our commercial product portfolio.
The Post Processing Applications team is focused on working with the commercial business groups to develop the best possible products by exploiting our scientific expertise. The team works primarily with the Utilities, Health, Media, Road and Rail businesses to provide science solutions for current product developments.
- To use scientific expertise to add value to model output and provide new products for customers.
- To develop new techniques to improve the accuracy of current products.
- To be customer focused: listening to customer requirements and being prepared to work with customers in-situ to understand their operational environment.
- To pro-actively promote science capabilities back to customers to describe what is possible for new product features.
- Road surface temperature modelling: Developing the OpenRoad and OpenRunway products.
- Health: Modelling the effects of climate and weather on health to develop products for health services and individuals with conditions such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
- Forecast accuracy: Improving the accuracy of forecasts that are critical to customers such as utilities companies.
- Site-specific forecasting: Developing techniques for producing site-specific forecasts from gridded data.
- Ensembles: Incorporating probabilistic data into commercial products.
Last updated: 14 October 2013