These Research news pages will be updated with articles discussing some of the latest scientific research developments at the Met Office. We expect to cover a range of topics on these news pages, including:
- discussions of significant upcoming articles in scientific journals;
- major advances in our weather or climate prediction capability;
- recent observational campaigns;
- research events such as conferences, meetings or workshops.
We will aim to release news stories on a monthly basis, but sometimes this may be more frequent. More general overviews of scientific research at the Met Office can also be found through one of our research programmes:
- Foundation science provides the underpinning science and model development critical to both weather and climate prediction;
- Climate science provides the science capabilities to meet the requirements of a number of government and business customers;
- Weather science provides the forecasting capabilities that are used for routine operational short to medium range forecasting of the weather, the oceans and their impacts.
For more general news stories please see Met Office News and for the latest information on our current weather forecasts visit our
Met Office Weather Forecasts.
If you would like further information on any Research News articles please contact email@example.com.
Last Updated: 29 September 2011