About research news
Research news brings updates on recent research activities at the Met Office.
These research news pages are updated with articles discussing some of the latest scientific research developments at the Met Office. A range of topics are covered, including:
- discussions of significant upcoming articles in scientific journals;
- major advances in our weather or climate prediction capability;
- recent observational campaigns;
- research events such as conferences, meetings or workshops.
News stories are normally released on a monthly basis. More general overviews of scientific research at the Met Office can also be found through one of our research programmes:
- Weather science provides the forecasting capabilities that are used for routine operational short to medium range forecasting of the weather, the oceans and their impacts;
- Climate science provides the science capabilities to meet the requirements of a number of government and business customers;
- Foundation science provides the underpinning science and model development critical to both weather and climate prediction;
- Applied science harnesses our expertise in weather and climate science to deliver customer focused products, services and consultancy.
For more general news stories please see Met Office News.
If you would like further information on any research news article please contact us.
Last updated: 15 April 2014