Dr Alison Redington
Alison models the atmospheric dispersion of material using the Met Office's Lagrangian dispersion model, NAME (Numerical Atmospheric-dispersion Modelling Environment) and estimates emissions to the atmosphere through inversion modelling.
Areas of expertise
Alison's areas of expertise include:
- Atmospheric dispersion modelling
- Atmospheric chemistry & particulate modelling
- Estimating emissions to the atmosphere through inversion modelling
Using high quality observations made on the west coast of Ireland (Mace Head) to:
- Estimate the long-term trends, growth rates and seasonal cycles of a range of greenhouse and ozone-depleting gases.
- Estimate the annual UK and north-west European emissions of each trace gas measured for comparison with the internationally reported national inventories.
BSc Physics, Exeter University
PhD Medical Physics, University of London
Met Office, Atmospheric Dispersion Group 1996-2017
Met Office, Earth System and Mitigation Science 2017-current