Dr Alistair Manning
Alistair models the atmospheric dispersion of material using the Met Office's Lagrangian dispersion model NAME (Numerical Atmospheric-dispersion Modelling Environment).
Areas of expertise
Alistair's areas of expertise include:
- Atmospheric dispersion modelling
- Estimating long-term trends, growth rates and seasonal cycles of greenhouse and ozone-depleting gases
- Estimating emissions to the atmosphere through inversion modelling
My Publications - Manning, A
Using high quality observations made on the west coast of Ireland (Mace Head) to:
- Estimate the long-term trends, growth rates and seasonal cycles of a range of greenhouse and ozone-depleting gases.
- Estimate the annual UK and north west European emissions of each trace gas measured for comparison with the internationally reported national inventories.
MSc (Information Technology)
PhD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
Member of the Met Office's Atmospheric Dispersion Group for over 15 years
Presented Royal Society Paper on estimating regional emissions (Feb. 2010)
Last updated: 15 April 2014