Dr Franco Marenco
Franco supports the aerosol lidar mounted on the FAAM BAe146 research aircraft via processing and interpretion of the data, with the aim of better characterizing aircraft missions with real-time information, and of improving the knowledge of atmospheric processes and constituents.
Areas of expertise
- characterization of the atmospheric structure and composition
- aerosol remote sensing with lidar and spectrophotometers
- aerosol compositional analysis based on X-ray fluorescence
- to support the on-board lidar instrument on the FAAM aircraft.
- to produce and maintain the real-time viewer for lidar-derived information.
- to analyse and interpret the aerosol/cloud lidar data.
I have performed research with several research institutions:
- the University of Rome "La Sapienza",
- the "Aristotle" University of Thessaloniki,
- IFA-CNR (now ISAC-CNR),
- the Italian Space Agency,
- the Met Office.