Malcolm costs, schedules and delivers analytical services for external customers using observations and forecast model data, with statistical analysis against customer data.
Areas of expertise
Malcolm's areas of expertise include:
- Costing and scheduling work
- UK climate
- Analysing data
- Wind climatology
- Agricultural meteorology
Publications by Malcolm Lee
- Managing the workload of six weather analysis consultants.
- Preparing bids and cost estimates along with delivery times.
- Strategic planning of skills, resources and tools needed to meet customer requirements.
- Financial budget and forecast input to meet corporate needs.
- Reviewing reports written by staff prior to dispatching to customers.
- Managing our Weather Analytics services for the hydrology market.
- Managing our Weather Analytics services for the nuclear energy industry.
- Using radar and raingauge rainfall in the production of optimum areal rainfall estimates
- Development of the Met Office soil moisture and evaporation service - MORECS
- Dispersion modelling and experiments in connection with pollution incidents and Foot and Mouth disease
- Crop growth in relation to slope, aspect and accumulated temperature
- Forecast services tailored for the agricultural and horticultural community
- Developing and routinely delivering gridded UK weather summaries, including UK Climate Impacts Programme (UKCIP) data
- Project and portfolio management process development
- Financial budgeting and forecasting
- Using model data to produce wind climatologies for the renewable energy industry
Last updated: 8 November 2013