Areas of expertise
Malcolm's areas of expertise include:
- Costing and scheduling work
- UK climate
- Analysing data
- Wind climatology
- Agricultural meteorology
Publications by Malcolm Lee
- Managing the workload of six scientific and data consultants.
- Preparing bids and cost estimates along with delivery times.
- Strategic planning of skills, resources and tools needed to meet customer requirements.
- Financial budget and forecast input to meet corporate needs.
- Reviewing reports written by staff prior to dispatching to customers.
- Leading in the delivery of products to the wind energy market, their verification, and bringing new developments into everyday use.
- Managing our scientific consultancy offerings to the hydrology market.
- Using radar and raingauge rainfall in the production of optimum areal rainfall estimates
- Development of the Met Office soil moisture and evaporation service - MORECS
- Dispersion modelling and experiments in connection with pollution incidents and Foot and Mouth disease
- Crop growth in relation to slope, aspect and accumulated temperature
- Forecast services tailored for the agricultural and horticultural community
- Developing and routinely delivering gridded UK weather summaries, including UK Climate Impacts Programme (UKCIP) data
- Project management process development
- Financial budgeting and forecasting
- Using model data to produce wind climatologies for the renewable energy industry
Last Updated: 29 May 2013