R Barry Hall
Barry works as a Climate Enquiry Officer in the Central Climate Unit.
Areas of expertise
- Historical data extraction, formatting and analysis
- Weather station metadata
- Legacy hardware and software
- MORECS ( Met Office Rain and Evaporation Calculation System )
- Data extraction for ad-hoc and routine enquiries.
- Delegated Account Manager for Education and Academic data enquiries.
- Biotechnical and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) annual quality controlled data supply.
I joined the Met Office (then the Meteorological Office) in 1975 and have worked in support or as a weather observer at Weather Centres and defence stations in the UK. I joined the Central Climate Unit in 2003.
Acknowledgment for supplying archived ships log data, sourced from the National Archives, for the book 'The 18th century climate of Jamaica', American Philosophical Society, Philadelphia, 2003,by Dr Michael Chenoweth.