Dr Sven-Erik Enno
Sven-Erik is a scientist working in Observations Research and Development. His particular specialism is ATDnet and lightning detection.
Areas of expertise:
- ATDnet and lightning detection
- Thunderstorm hazards
- Physical geography and climatology
Sven-Erik is currently working on the ATDnet lightning detection network.
2014: Scientist at the Met Office, Observations R&D
2009-2014 Specialist, Department of Geography, Institute of Ecology and Earth Science, University of Tartu, Estonia. Research topics included lightning climatology of Estonia and northern Europe and thunderstorm climatology of the Baltic countries.
Sven-Erik has PhD in Physical Geography from University of Tartu (Estonia), with the thesis entitled "Thunderstorm and lightning climatology in the Baltic countries and in northern Europe",
http://dspace.utlib.ee/dspace/bitstream/handle/10062/40504/enno_sven_erik_2.pdf?sequence=4. MSc in Geography from University of Tartu (Estonia) and a BSc in Geography from the University of Tartu (Estonia).
Publications by Sven-Erik
- Enno SE (2014) Comparison of thunderstorm hours registered by the lightning detection network and human observers in Estonia, 2006-2011. Theoretical and Applied Climatology,
- Enno SE, Post P, Briede A, Stankunaite I (2014) Long-term changes in the frequency of thunder days in the Baltic countries, 1950-2004. Boreal Environmental Research, 19: 452-466,
- Mändla K, Enno SE, Sepp M (2014) Thunderstorms caused by southern cyclones in Estonia. Estonian Journal of Earth Sciences, 63(2):108-117,
- Mäkelä A, Enno SE, Haapalainen J (2014) Nordic Lightning Information System: thunderstorm climate of northern Europe for the period 2002-2011. Atmospheric Research 139:46-61,
- Enno SE, Briede A, Valiukas D (2013) Climatology of thunderstorms in the Baltic countries, 1951-2000. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 111:309-325,
- Enno SE (2011) A climatology of cloud-to-ground lightning over Estonia, 2005-2009. Atmospheric Research 100:310-317,
Last updated: 8 January 2015