Wilfran is a Regional climate modelling scientist and his main work is to develop, run, maintain and evaluate the Unified Model (UM) regional climate prediction systems, and advising on their use for the construction and application of regional climate change scenarios.
Areas of expertise:
- Regional climate modelling.
- Climate variability in monsoon regions.
- Development of the regional climate model component of the Hadley Centre new global environmental model (HadGEM3) and its evaluation in various geographic regions, and assess the regional scale performances of HadGEM3 within the framework of the MORPH3 project.
- Development of a regional climate prediction system for Africa within the framework of the DFID-Met Office Hadley Centre partnership.
- Development of regional climate scenarios for the West African Monsoon Region and understand their sources of uncertainties within the WAMME, ENSEMLES-AMMA RT3 and CORDEX climate models intercomparison projects.
- Investigate the uncertainties of regional climate projection over North America within the North American Regional Climate Change Assessment Project (NARCCAP).
- Development, dissemination worldwide, and training of the PRECIS regional climate modelling system.
- I have joined the Met Office in 2004 as a Regional climate modelling scientist.
- 2003 - 2004 - Post-doctoral researcher, Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chauss, Paris, France. My main task was to Model air pollution transport in the urban area of southern France using a Chemistry Transport Model.
- 2003 - PhD in geophysical fluid mechanic (Regional climate modelling), Polytechnic Institute of Grenoble, France.
- 2002 BSc in Business and management , University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble France.
- 1999 - Specialised Master in Tropical meteorology and numerical modelling, Meteo France, Toulouse, France.
- 1997 - MSc in Oceanography, Meteorology and Environment, University of Paris 6, France.
- 1996 - Engineer degree in Meteorology (Numerical weather prediction), Hydro-meteorological Institute, Odessa, Ukraine.
Last updated: 4 April 2014