Choose VisualEyes™ to manage health and safety risks and make best use of energy assets across the UK and Europe
We are pleased to launch a completely enhanced VisualEyesTM product. It has been developed in partnership with our customers and offers a whole range of new features and benefits to meet your needs.
What is VisualEyesTM?
VisualEyesTM is an easy to use, web-based weather alert system for energy operators and maintenance contractors. It provides five-day weather forecasts combined with site-specific, probabilistic charts and bespoke alerting.
By using site-specific weather data underpinned by our world-leading science, VisualEyesTM can deliver the following benefits:
Manage health and safety risks
- Protect site personnel during construction, operations and maintenance to avoid litigation and other risks.
Reduce maintenance costs
- Minimise asset downtime through effective planning of workforce, equipment hire and site access.
- Use the VisualEyes™ planning charts to quickly identify the optimum times for power generation.
Stay fully informed - wherever you are, with device responsive mobile access
- Access critical site-specific weather conditions wherever you are with email and SMS alerts.
- Compatible with desktops, smartphones and tablets, so it is perfect to use while in the control room or on site.
VisualEyesTM enables you to choose from two distinct views to suit your needs. Control Room view, or Weather Chart view.
- Use Control Room view to monitor weather conditions across multiple sites. It includes a map viewer and collapsible alert panel. This provides an overview of forecast alerts for each site.
- Use Weather Chart view for forward planning of maintenance activities.
"Using Met Office's VisualEyes™ service gives us the control to monitor exact conditions and make real-time, on-the-ground decisions which have helped to increase our efficiency, and most importantly reduce safety risks to our staff and contractors." Mark Gailey, SPR Control Centre Manager.
Download the ScottishPower Renewables case study.
Read more on VisualEyesTM
For more details on the features and benefits of VisualEyesTM download our product information datasheet or watch our short video.
Last updated: Oct 11, 2016 11:06 AM