Extreme event response collaborations
Examples of how our science has contributed to the insurance industry
JBA, eCityRisk - Post-event analysis
In response to the needs of insurance and reinsurance markets worldwide, JBA Consulting, eCityRisk and the Met Office combined forces to provide clients with a series of post-event assessment and reporting capabilities.
Following an event, we provide detailed event reporting for clients who wish to access a reliable source of "what happened" information, either for their own purposes or for onward dissemination to a wider client base. Our bespoke service, can be branded purely for our client if desired, and can be commissioned before, during or after an event has occurred.
US Hurricane Landfall rates
United States hurricane landfall events are among the most damaging and costly natural hazards to the insurance industry. Our new independent report giving hurricane landfalling statistics for the insurance markets.
The report gives:
- A transparent, authoritative and alternative view of hurricane landfalling rate calculations based.
- Scientific analysis of historical hurricane dataset (HURDAT).
- Comparison of three methods for detecting hurricane landfall.
- Support for catastrophe model analysis.
- Business defining data for pricing and capital allocation decisions.
The Met Office is the UK's national weather and climate centre, forecasting globally and analysing hazards on timescales from the observable past to years into the future.
An overview of the report is available to download Estimating historical hurricane landfall rates in the United States.
Last updated: Nov 13, 2014 11:27 AM