Met Office Rural Environment Team
Information on our services to help with rural planning and environment permit applications.
The Met Office Rural Environment Team (MORET) is a team of Met Office staff who work in partnership with ADAS, the UK's largest independent provider of environmental consultancy, rural development services, and policy advice.
MORET is uniquely placed because it is able to draw on the skills, data, and expertise of both organisations to address environmental issues which have a sensitivity to the weather and/or climate. MORET offers a diverse range of services and consultancy and has a varied client base ranging from farmers to the transport industry.
Main services include:
- Atmospheric dispersion modelling for planning/environmental permitting
- Agricultural/environmental consultancy services for pest and disease alerting and prediction; irrigation advice; climate hindcasting and other consultancy services
- Leaf-fall forecasting and consultancy for the railway industry
Additional areas of expertise
Our team of experts available have a wealth of experience across a range industries and applications covering:
- Climate and weather science
- Leaf-fall forecasting
- Impacts of climate change on vegetation
- Pest and disease forecasting
- Weather hindcasting
- Agricultural / climatological datasets
- Specialist ecologies
- Poultry and pig expertise, including farm management practices
- Emissions inventories from intensive agriculture
- Dispersion modelling
Last updated: Apr 20, 2016 12:03 PM