Water - training for water industry professionals
The operational and financial performance of the water industry is closely linked to weather and climate. This course is designed for operational as well as planning staff and consists of a choice of 4 out of a possible 9 modules.
It includes a core module 'weather regimes' which gives an overview of what drives our weather and major weather features; fronts and air masses, as well as applied climatology and its implication on water resources and maintenance activities.
Aim: To help personnel in the water industry better understand and interpret meteorological information, so they can optimise operations and safety.
Course length: 1 day.
Location: Courses can be held at the Met Office College facilities in Exeter or at a location of your choice.
- Core module - weather regimes;
- Hazardous weather & interpretation of 'Category 2 Responder' weather information (double module);
- Rainfall & weather radar;
- Weather radar - specialists;
- Interpretation of Met Office forecasts;
- Interpretation of 3-month outlook for contingency planners;
- Water resources & weather impacts on water companies;
- Climate Change (double module).
"Approachable and knowledgeable style, very clearly experts in their field."
How to book: To book a place email your name, contact details and which course you would like to attend to email@example.com.
Last updated: Apr 20, 2016 12:04 PM