Training for Meteorological Service Providers
The Met Office College is experienced in providing training for forecasting and observing staff from meteorological services all over the world.
Our courses are tailored to the needs of operational meteorological service staff.
They are intense and practical and can be delivered at any international venue of your choice.
Please note all courses are taught in English.
Our courses and training include:
- We provide two foundation (BIP-M and BIP-MT) training programmes for staff new to operational meteorology.
- Our courses for operational meteorologists and meteorological technicians conform to the latest WMO training and education guidelines.
Forecaster Professional Development
- Designed for forecasting staff who are able to work independently but need to further develop some of the core forecasting competencies or specialist forecasting skills.
Aeronautical Meteorology Training
- We offer training for both aeronautical observers and forecasters which conforms to the latest WMO training and education guidelines.
Other Meteorology & Science Training
- The Met Office College offers a wide range of courses for both new and experienced scientists and specialists which helps develop your skills and expertise.
Meteorological Vocational Qualifications
- The Met Office College offers National and European Union recognised vocational competencies in the workplace for both weather forecasting and observing
The Met Office College provides a wide range of courses. To receive more information about training please register your details.
Last updated: 16 October 2014