Core Forecasting Skills
The Core Forecasting Skills programme is made up of four, three-day courses. Each is aimed at a specific forecasting interest.
Designed for forecasting staff who are able to work independently but need to further develop some of the core forecasting competencies or specialist forecasting skills.
Location: Courses are held in the excellent Met Office College facilities at our Exeter headquarters or at a location of your choice.
The Forecaster Professional Development (FPD) programme:
- covers a wide range of meteorological subjects;
- acts as refresher in core meteorological topics;
- extends and updates expertise in other specialist areas.
The four courses within the programme are as follows:
- Satellite Imagery Interpretation
- Using Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) Products
- Summer Forecasting Workshop
- Winter Forecasting Workshop
The Met Office College provides a wide range of courses. To receive more information about training please Register your details.
Last updated: Jun 19, 2015 7:38 AM