Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for The Aeronauts cinema tickets prize draw
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary
- All entries must be submitted via the Met Office Twitter page and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 12:00 on 29 October 2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 12:00 on 4 November 2019. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 4 November 2019 (”Draw Date”).
- The winner will receive a pair of cinema tickets to the value of £10.00 per ticket.
- The winner will be notified by email, telephone or direct message (using details provided at entry) before 5 November 2019 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 14 days of the winner providing their address.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails [email protected] or writes to Prize Draw Winners, Met Office, FitzRoy Road, Exeter EX1 3PB (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated in condition 4. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter by direct message or email to [email protected] In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is the Met Office, for and on behalf of the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (‘Met Office’), whose principal place of business is at FitzRoy Road, Exeter, Devon EX1 3PB.