The datasets listed on this page are out of date and we do not recommend their use for
research purposes. They have been replaced by
newer and better versions listed on
the main datasets page. These datasets are provided
solely for the purposes of comparison to the newer datasets provided on the main
page. Users are strongly urged not to employ these data for any other purposes.
- CRUTEM3 - Gridded land monthly temperatures (superseded by CRUTEM4 and CRUTEM5).
- CRUTEM4 - Global gridded monthly air temperatures (superseded by CRUTEM5).
- EN3 - ENSEMBLES: quality controlled in situ ocean temperature and salinity profiles (superseded by EN4).
- GISST - Globally complete sea-ice and sea-surface temperature (superseded by HadISST).
- HadCRUH - Global gridded data set of humidity (superseded by HadISDH).
- HadCRUT3 - Gridded monthly temperatures (superseded by HadCRUT4 and HadCRUT5).
- HadCRUT4 - Gridded monthly temperatures (superseded by HadCRUT5).
- HadEX - Global gridded data set of extremes (superseded by HadEX3).
- HadEX2 - Global gridded data set of extremes (superseded by HadEX3).
- HadSLP1 - Sea level pressure product (superseded by HadSLP2)
- HadRT - Radiosonde temperature dataset (superseded by HadAT).
- HadSST2 - Uninterpolated sea-surface temperature (superseded by HadSST3 and HadSST4).
- HadSST3 - Uninterpolated sea-surface temperature (superseded by HadSST4).
- MOHMAT - Uninterpolated night marine air temperature (superseded by HadNMAT2).
- MOHSST - Uninterpolated sea-surface temperature (superseded by HadSST2, HadSST3, and HadSST4).