Library and archive charges and copyright information
We are obliged to cover our costs when copying or printing information for research or private study. We have considered the appropriate amount to charge carefully and we believe that these charges represent good value for money.
- Copying of published material must be restricted to one article or chapter from any journal issue or book title.
- Research or private study for non-commercial purposes - you will be asked to sign a copyright declaration form.
- A copyright fee applies for each item if it is research or private study for commercial purposes.
- Many of our images are given to us by individuals, who retain copyright of their pictures and agree to allow the Met Office to make them available for others to see. Images can only be used with the copyright holder's permission.
|General black and white printing/photocopying (including printing from public access PCs)||A4: 10p per sheet/side.|
(Minimum charge for provision by post £2)A3: 20p per sheet/side.
(Minimum charge for provision by post £2.50)
|General colour printing/photocopying (including printing from public access PCs)||A4: 50p per sheet/side.|
(Minimum charge for provision by post £2)A3: £1 per sheet/side.
(minimum charge for provision by post £2.50
|General colour printing from digital scan||A2: £3 per sheet.|
(Minimum charge for provision by post £5)
|Journal articles/book chapters (for copying carried out by library and archive staff)||£1 per article |
(plus £2.50 for provision by post)
|Material supplied by email||No charge*|
|Material supplied on CD/DVD||£3 per CD/DVD|
* Meteorological data will be provided free of charge, up to limits as defined in the current Met Office Charging Policy
- Any information provided by the library or archive must be for the purposes of private study or non-commercial research.
- A licence may be needed for commercial reuse or copying of information. Please contact our Contact us for further details.
- Records held in the National Meteorological Archive can be accessed by visiting the archive; visitors can take digital photographs of these records at no cost (subject to the agreement of the archive staff, who will take into account the physical state of the material and any copyright restrictions).
- Photocopying from bound volumes in the library can only be done in black and white
- Any copying/provision of material will be in accordance with copyright legislation (which includes prior completion of a copyright declaration form by the customer).
- All prices include VAT.
- Copyright Form
To view PDF documents you will need to download Adobe Reader