Thermometers are kept in special boxes (Stevenson screen) to protect them from sunshine, wind and the surroundings. You can make your own special box.
What you will need:
- A sturdy plastic or wooden box that can stand on its side
- White paint
- A thermometer
- Blu-Tack (or similar)
What to do:
- Paint the outside of your box white and wait until it's dry.
- Stick the thermometer to the back of the inside of the box using Blu-Tack.
- Take the box outside and find a safe, shady place to keep it.
- Stand the box on its side so that the thermometer is upright at the back of the box and protected from direct weather conditions.
- Now you can take temperature readings at the same time every day.