Guidance notes for providing feedback
We welcome constructive comments from our customers and, wherever possible, will personally respond to your feedback.
If you wish to comment on any service provided by the Met Office, please bear in mind the following guidance which will help us to deal with your query more efficiently.
- Please provide your full name.
- Additional contact details alongside your email address will be helpful. Postcode and the first line of your address are particularly useful, along with a daytime telephone number.
- If you wish to comment on a particular forecast, please state from where you obtained the forecast, e.g. BBC television, ITV network, radio (station), website. Dates and times are helpful.
- Please keep to the facts and be as succinct as possible.
- We will not respond to abusive contacts.
Each contact will be treated seriously and with respect. Depending upon the complexity and any research which might need to be done, you can expect to receive an acknowledgement from our Weather Desk within two working days and a full reply usually within 20 working days.
As well as replying individually to customers, we ensure that comments are seen by senior managers in the Met Office and others who will influence change in the future. This will help us to develop and improve our forecasts, and all other services provided by the Met Office. Comments are reported anonymously, in accordance with relevant provisions of the Data Protection Act.
If you have any queries about raising issues with the Met Office, please contact our Contact us. Advisors are available 24 hours a day, every day throughout the year. Alternatively, you are welcome to write to the Customer Feedback Manager.Customer Feedback Manager
If your issue relates to licensing of data or Crown copyright and you are not satisfied with our response you may appeal to the Office of Public Sector Information
Last updated: 28-Jun-2017 15:10