WMO Lead Centre for Annual-to-Decadal Climate Prediction
The Met Office is a designated Lead Centre for Annual-to-Decadal Climate Prediction (LC-ADCP). The LC-ADCP collects and provides hindcasts, forecasts and verification data from a number contributing centres worldwide.
The contributing prediction systems are from a number of different prediction centres worldwide. The prediction from each institute is shown below as an anomaly from 1971-2000, alongside the average of all the models. Verifying observations for the period of the forecast are also shown. Please use the drop-down menus below to explore the predictions.
The data will be made available shortly.
- Monthly and seasonal predictions from the WMO Lead Centre for Long-Range Forecast Multi-Model Ensemble (LRFMME),
- The Grand Challenge on Near-Term Climate Prediction,
- Decadal Climate Prediction Project (DCPP),
- The WMO manual on the Global Data-Processing and Forecasting System,
- The Expert Team on Operational Predictions from Sub-Seasonal to Long Time-Scales (IPET-OPSLS) and the Terms of Reference
- Scientific documentation of real-time multi-model decadal climate predictions,
- The second workshop on Operational Climate Prediction.