WMO Lead Centre for Annual-to-Decadal Climate Prediction
The Met Office is a designated Lead Centre for Annual-to-Decadal Climate Prediction (LC-ADCP). The LC-ADCP collects and provides hindcasts, forecasts and verification data from a number contributing centres worldwide.
The data shown here are from the Global Producing Centers and other Contributing Centers. The prediction from each institute is shown below as an anomaly from 1971-2000, alongside the average of all the models. Verifying observations for the period of the forecast are also shown. Please use the drop-down menus below to explore the predictions.
The data will be made available shortly.
- Monthly and seasonal predictions from the WMO Lead Centre for Long-Range Forecast Multi-Model Ensemble (LRFMME),
- The Grand Challenge on Near-Term Climate Prediction,
- Decadal Climate Prediction Project (DCPP),
- The WMO manual on the Global Data-Processing and Forecasting System,
- The Expert Team on Operational Predictions from Sub-Seasonal to Long Time-Scales (IPET-OPSLS) and the Terms of Reference
- Scientific documentation of real-time multi-model decadal climate predictions,
- The second workshop on Operational Climate Prediction.