Day to day weather and climate are key influencers in effectively managing clean water resources.
- More efficient use of resources
- Quantified understanding of how weather impacts the business, permitting the explanation of anomalies
- Understand changing frequencies of extreme weather events that impact the business
- Taking decisions that allow for the vagaries of the weather
- More confident explanation of business metrics to customers and regulators.
Our services are categorised as follows:
Strategic resource management planning – the strategic longer term planning includes; how much demand contingency should be allowed for in Water Resource Management Planning, understanding the impact of droughts on water resources, impact of proposed metering and leakage initiatives.
Operational services – tactical short term, includes; managing peaks in demand, protecting infrastructure vulnerable to weather, planning weather dependent activity several weeks ahead.
Reporting and assessment – reporting on recent challenges and seasonal or annual characteristics in water use or quality. We can also look at areas such as frequency of disruptive weather events at specific locations, impact on the demand of hosepipe bans, explanation about any increases in winter leakage, and quantifying dry year uplift.