We're working to make this site accessible for all. This page currently has an accessible alternative.
UK weather warnings
Find a forecast
Please choose your location from the nearest places to :
Yellow weather warning
Warning details for UK
Fog likely to cause slower travel and possible disruption in places.
What to expect
- Slower journey times and possible hazardous driving conditions, with delays to bus and train services also possible
- There is a chance of delays or cancellations to flights
Areas of fog, some of it dense and freezing, will develop during Monday evening and overnight, persisting into Tuesday morning in places. Visibility may dip below 100 metres in some locations. Fog will tend to lift into low cloud in many areas on Tuesday, though a few spots may stay foggy into the afternoon.
Warning impact matrix
Regions and local authorities affected:
- Central Bedfordshire
- Bracknell Forest
- Brighton and Hove
- East Sussex
- Greater London
- Isle of Wight
- Milton Keynes
- West Berkshire
- West Sussex
- Windsor and Maidenhead
- Bath and North East Somerset
- Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole
- North Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
- Telford and Wrekin
- West Midlands Conurbation
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Kingston upon Hull
- North East Lincolnshire
- North Lincolnshire
- North Yorkshire
- South Yorkshire
- West Yorkshire
What do the warning colours mean?
- Dangerous weather is expected and, if you have not done so already, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the severe weather.
- It is very likely that there will be a risk to life, with substantial disruption to travel, energy supplies and possibly widespread damage to property and infrastructure.
- There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans.
- This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property.
- Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations.
- It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the warning.