This page has an accessible alternative.
UK weather warnings
Find a forecast
Please choose your location from the nearest places to :
Yellow weather warning
Warning details for UK
Snow showers may bring some travel disruption
What to expect
- Some roads and railways likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services
Showers will fall as snow to low levels on Wednesday. Accumulations of 2-5 cm are possible at lower levels, with 5-10 cm above 200 metres, with some drifting and blizzard conditions in the strong northerly winds.
Warning impact matrix
Regions and local authorities affected:
- Perth and Kinross
- Orkney Islands
- Shetland Islands
What do the warning colours mean?
- Dangerous weather is expected and, if you have not done so already, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the severe weather.
- It is very likely that there will be a risk to life, with substantial disruption to travel, energy supplies and possibly widespread damage to property and infrastructure.
- There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans.
- This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property.
- Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations.
- It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the warning.