Aircraft de-icing forecast
A proven and unique service offering forecasts of aircraft icing conditions for airports worldwide.
De-icing is now an additional option within our OpenRunway®. It replaces our existing de-icing product to offer you a combination of the benefits of both products.
It offers a tailored guide to holdover times, and proactive alerts to ground staff to enable improved planning of de-icing operations and reduced departure delays.
- Timely and effective planning for de-icing events, via an online five-day planning tool - specific to your airline network
- Improve punctuality and first wave departures with pro-active forecaster driven alerts
- Improved operational efficiency and a reduction in operational costs
- Better environmental management
- More-effective resource utilisation
- Informed, confident decision making
- Better communication and co-ordination of effort between aircraft operators and ground handling agents
"The Met Office de-icing service has a direct impact on our operational efficiency. One unnecessary night of de-icing can cost in excess of €5000, so it's crucial to have access to accurate forecasts that help us to minimise costs and plan our resources effectively." John Fields, Line Maintenance Manager at Aer Lingus.
Monarch Airlines are one of our customers, find out how we helped them avoid winter icing delays in our Case study - Monarch Airlines
For more information on de-icing, please email: email@example.com