General Aviation briefing services
A comprehensive range of free weather forecasts and actuals designed for private pilots.
General Aviation briefing services
A comprehensive range of high quality weather products, agreed with the CAA, for those who fly recreationally.
You can upgrade to receive the additional subscription services, for £57.60 including VAT per year - just over £1 a week.
- Form F215: UK low-level weather chart providing a graphical display of areas of different weather plus text relating to surface visibility, weather and cloud up to FL100, updated four times a day.
- Form F214: UK spot wind chart providing wind speed and direction and temperature for standard levels up to FL240, updated four times a day.
- Form 414: European spot-wind chart providing wind speed and direction and temperature for standard levels up to FL240, updated twice a day.
- Form F415: European low-level weather chart providing a graphical display of areas of different weather plus text relating to surface visibility, weather and cloud up to FL100, updated four times a day.
TAFs and METARs
- Global TAF and METAR search: Get the latest global TAFs and METARs by searching either by ICAO indicator, a zoom-in map, an airport name or a nearby city.
- TAF and METAR bulletins: For popular areas - give quick and easy access to the latest airfield forecasts and actuals.
- AIRMET: Descriptive aviation forecasts covering different regions, and updated several times a day.
- Ballooning forecasts: Available for south-east, south-west, central and northern regions.
- Climate statistics: Historical averages of weather conditions at a selection of British Isles airfields.
If you upgrade to the subscription service you also get:
- Three-day aviation planner: Regional aviation weather outlook for three days to assist planning, updated once a day.
- 60-Hour synoptic forecast: Animated charts out to 60 hours ahead in colour, updated daily.
- Rainfall radar: Actual British Isles rainfall radar updated hourly in animated sequence over last six hours.
- Global composite satellite: Infrared image updated once a day.
- Visible satellite images: Images of Europe, updated once per day.
- Infrared satellite pictures: Infrared cloud-top temperatures over Europe updated four times a day.
* These products are made available on a trial basis. This means that we make them available for viewing and for customer feedback but they are not operationally supported. They may be removed without notice or be updated irregularly and as such should not be assumed to be part of the subscription product.
- 120-hour European synoptic charts: Animated charts out to 60 hours ahead in colour and 120 hours ahead in black and white for easy printing, with animation, updated twice per day.
- British isles synoptic charts: Showing fronts and isobars across the British Isles for the last hour.
- Rainfall radar every 15 mins: Actual British Isles rainfall radar updated every 15 minutes in an animated sequence of 11 frames. Actual European rainfall radar updated every 15 minutes in animated sequence of six frames.
- Hourly visible satellite images: Images of Europe, updated hourly.
- Hourly infrared satellite pictures: nfrared cloud-top temperatures over Europe in a sequence of the last six hours, updated hourly.
- Lightning observations: The location of lightning strikes during the last two hours.
- Flight-level wind and temperate charts: For a selection of regions. Updated four times a day.
- Significat weather charts: For a selection of regions. Updated four times a day.
- * Cloud, precipitation and pressure charts: Animated model forecasts for 36 hours ahead, updated four times a day.
- * Visibilty forecasts: Animated model forecasts of visibility for six hours ahead, updated hourly.
- * Jet stream: Jet-stream/300 mb forecast animation for up to 48 hours ahead, updated daily.
Statement of operational use for the general aviation briefing service
The information available from the general aviation briefing service is intended only for aviation purposes for flights originating within the UK.
These data are made available for personal use only, i.e. they should not be passed on to other people or reproduced in any way. If you require briefing information for commercial purposes, please contact email@example.com.
Last updated: 3 February 2015