Data and content used to provide Mountain weather forecasts
Mountain forecasts are provided for the main mountain areas and those which have the highest visitor figures. Forecasts are issued twice per day and cover the daylight hours.
Weather forecast information for the UK mountain areas of Peak District, Lake District, Snowdonia, Yorkshire Dales and Brecon Beacons and the West and East Highlands.
For each area the forecast should cover:
For day one:
• Risk of occurrence of a selection of hazards
• Weather symbol summary for 3 hourly slots
• Probability of precipitation
For day one and day two a detailed forecast provides:
• Hill Fog
• Maximum winds above 600m East and West Highlands, 500m Lake District and Snowdonia and 400m Brecon Beacons and Peak District (800m Brecon Beacons) Yorkshire Dales
• Temperature at valley and 900m levels (800m Brecon Beacons)
• Freezing level
• The latest pressure chart
• A 'National Park Authority (NPA) information' freeform text box containing information added by the NPA, this content is optional for the NPA and therefore will not always be present.
For days three to five an outlook summary text is provided.
For Snowdonia the basic Public Weather Service forecast is currently enhanced by funding from the Welsh Assembly which is not available through DataPoint.
Terms and conditions of use of this product are defined within the DataPoint terms and conditions page.
Log out of Met Office DataPoint