Commercial weather data and forecasts
Whatever industry sector you work in, we have weather data to help you make the right decisions
As the UK's national weather and climate service, we are your first point of contact for all types of weather data for businesses.
This area of our website covers just a small section of some of the data we can provide. We also provide a range of Forecasts and alerts.
Please contact us using the form at the bottom of this page if you have any specific data requirements and a member of the team will be happy to help.
Weather data for all projects and events
From environmental projects through to verification for insurance claims - we have the data you need.
(If you require data for building and construction projects, please view our Building and Construction).
Our commercial data can be split into the main groups below:
Historical data, climatology and means and extremes analysis
Historic weather data is useful when past weather events and trends need to be examined. For example to help with insurance claims and environmental assessments etc.
General climate analysis
For general climate data and expert analysis, please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can help you find the data you need.
As a trusted provider of weather and climate advice, we hold extensive amounts of specialist data such as regional averaged data, atmospheric dispersion modelling and site specific hourly sequential datasets.
Why choose us?
- We have been at the forefront of global weather and climate science for 160 years and use over 10 million weather observations a day, an advanced atmospheric model and a high-performance supercomputer to create 3,000 tailored forecasts and briefings a day
- We offer an unrivalled range of weather data and forecasts to help with all sorts of weather sensitive projects and events
- Our new supercomputer will deliver substantially enhanced capabilities in weather and climate modelling, and the UK will benefit from significant improvements in the accuracy of weather forecasts and longer-range climate predictions
- Our network of observation sites provides unmatched data coverage and quality in the UK
- Our accurate data will help you make timely and informed decisions
Due to the vast nature of our data, please contact the team to discuss your requirements by filling in this form.
Last updated: Feb 11, 2016 3:54 PM