View wind farm conditions clearly with VisualEyes™
VisualEyes™ can help you manage health and safety risks, better plan your operations, reduce costs and enhance revenue. Its three distinct but integrated components come together in a visual hub to give you a single asset management platform:
- Map viewer - with customisable site pins to visualise your operations, colour-coded to alert you to any weather element threshold breach.
- Alert panel - provides a detailed breakdown of which weather elements are triggering which alerts, enabling you to view the movement of threshold breaches hour-by-hour out to 36 hours.
- Planning charts - generate an up to 14-day customisable weather analysis report to disseminate to colleagues with detailed charts from a choice of weather elements.
- One platform to support all your European sites.
- Revenue enhancement - identify optimal times for power generation.
- Reduce maintenance costs and avoid costly damage.
- Minimise health and safety risks, ensure workforce safety and avoid litigation.
- Cost savings for multiple sites, supporting your business as it grows.
- Supports both small wind and large wind projects with a flexible pricing structure.
A fully flexible system
Choose the forecast and real-time weather elements you want to view, out to the time frame you want to look at and set the alert thresholds according to your risk profile.
VisualEyes™ is now covering 1 GW of wind farm output which is enough to power over 520,000 households.
ScottishPower Renewables Case Study
The Whitelee Wind Farm Control Centre monitors over 20 sites owned by ScottishPower Renewables. VisualEyesTM has been at the heart of their operations for two years and helps them make on-the-ground decisions to increase efficiency and reduce safety risks to staff.
ScottishPower Renewables case study
(PDF, 477 kB)
Last updated: 27 November 2013