Make sure you stay one step ahead of the weather with the new Met Office weather app. Plan your day, wherever you are in the world, with the latest daily weather forecasts and UK National Severe Weather Warnings.
iOS app version
For iPhone the app is available from the
For Android the app is available from
Google Play store.
- Get the most up-to-date and accurate weather forecast information available for the next seven days.
- Easily plan and prepare for all weather eventualities.
- Stay safe with advance warnings of severe weather conditions in the UK, as soon we issue them
- See the weather across all your favourite locations in one simple view.
- Access a seven-day weather forecast, available for many locations across the globe.
- Get a daily forecast snapshot for your current and saved locations, providing an at-a-glance view of the weather.
- Personalise your forecasts and see how the weather could affect your day by saving multiple locations.
- Simple and easy to use, get a snapshot of your week or quickly access extra detail when you need it.
- Stay up-to-date with hourly forecasts for the next two days and with three-hourly forecasts available for the next three to seven days.
- Subscribe to push notifications and receive important alerts for the latest UK severe weather warnings - including snow, strong winds, ice, fog and rain forecasts.
- Probability of rain, sleet, snow, hail, and drizzle
- Actual temperature and 'feels like' temperature
- UK National Severe Weather Warnings
- Wind speed, direction and gusts
- Sunrise and sunset times
- UV Index
The new app will be continuously developed in line with user suggestions, please share your feedback directly with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The app is designed to work on iOS 8 and iOS 9.
The app is designed to work on Android 4.1 and above.
This app is ad-supported.
Please note the old Met Office weather app will be retired in the first half of 2016, it has reached the end of its technical lifecycle and can no longer be updated to meet user needs.
If you have any questions or comments about the service, or you are experiencing any problems, please contact us.
Terms and conditions
The use of this service is subject to Met Office terms and conditions.
Last updated: 29 January 2016