Make sure you stay one step ahead of the weather with the new Met Office weather app. Plan your day, wherever you are in the world, with the latest daily weather forecasts and UK National Severe Weather Warnings.
For iPhone the app is available from the App store.
For Android the app is available from the Google Play store.
The Met Office weather app gives you world-leading weather forecasts direct from the best national weather forecaster. Know what the weather will do with the most accurate forecasts and local weather coverage from 1 hour to 7 days ahead.
- Find out where, when and how much rain will fall with the interactive rainfall radar map for the next 24 hours and past 6 hours.
- Receive weather alerts for the latest official UK National Severe Weather Warnings as soon as warnings are issued – including snow, strong winds, ice, fog and rain forecasts.
- Get the most up-to-date and accurate global weather forecast information available for the next seven days.
- Personalise your forecasts and see how the weather could affect your day by saving multiple locations.
- View both daily and hourly forecasts for your favourite locations.
- Watch the latest TV weather forecasts, updated 3 times a day.
Personal, accurate forecasts including:
- Interactive UK rainfall radar map including both 24 hour forecast and 6 hour radar observations
- Probability of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow, hail, and drizzle)
- Actual temperature and ‘feels like’ temperature
- Official Met Office National Severe Weather Warnings
- UK national weather forecast video
- Wind speed, direction and gusts
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Pollen and air pollution forecasts
- Pollen push notifications
- Local weather forecasts for unlimited locations
- The ability to change your unit settings for temperature and wind speed
- UV Index, visibility, humidity and pressure
The new app will be continuously developed in line with user suggestions, please share your feedback with us directly at email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.8
Having listened to feedback for this app, this release includes an interactive rainfall radar map for the next 24 hours and past 6 hours. Users can manually scroll the timeline using a thumbwheel to see the progress of the rainfall on the interactive map. Users can also easily interpret the map’s rainfall intensity using the rainfall legend expressed in mm/hr.
Other bug fixes and improvements are also included.
We are currently developing new features, to be included in upcoming releases. Please provide feedback so we can continue to improve the app.
The app is designed to work on iOS 8, iOS 9 and 10.
The app is designed to work on Android 4.1 and above.
This app is ad-supported, however it includes a £2.29 in-app purchase to remove all advertising.
Please note the old Met Office weather app will be retired this year, it has reached the end of its technical lifecycle and can no longer be updated to meet user needs.
If you have any questions or comments about the service, or you are experiencing any problems, please contact us.
Terms and conditions
The use of this service is subject to Met Office legal terms and conditions.
Last updated: Feb 1, 2017 2:52 PM