Met Office water industry services.
The Met Office offers a comprehensive range of weather and climate services for the water industry so you can stay one step ahead. From extreme rainfall to heatwaves, weather can have a significant impact on the water industry. With climate change predicted to increase the likelihood of significant weather events, accurate and timely weather and climate information will be vital for any forward planning.
How we can help
The Met Office has continued to work closely with the water industry to develop a range of services that meet specific clean and waste water needs; providing weather data, planning solutions, products to assist with operations and reporting and consultancy to assist with the various stages of your weather and climate service requirements.
- Improved business performance and asset optimisation.
- The capacity to reduce operational expenditure through improved planning, resulting from better weather-related intelligence.
- An increased ability to meet and exceed regulatory targets.
- Delivering increased value to your shareholders through exceeding customer and regulatory expectations.
- Improved ability to predict demand and output on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis.
- The opportunity to more effectively manage energy costs, maintenance and staffing schedules through accurate and timely forecasts.
- Ability to better manage future risks associated with the impacts of climate change.
Find out more
To discuss the benefits of our services to your organisation email us at email@example.com or call us on 0870 900 01
Last updated: Dec 21, 2016 9:37 AM