Stay one step ahead with our comprehensive range of weather and climate services for the water industry.
From extreme rainfall to heatwaves, weather can have a significant impact on the water industry. With climate change predicted to increase the likelihood of significant weather events, accurate and timely weather and climate information will be vital.
How we can help
The Met Office has continued to work closely with the water industry to develop a range of services that meet specific water and waste needs. We have products and services to help you with innovation, flooding events, resource management, leakage as well as operations and asset management. These services can help you face the challenges that severe weather presents, with confidence.
- Improved business performance and asset optimisation.
- The capacity to reduce operational expenditure through improved planning, resulting from better weather-related intelligence.
- An increased ability to meet and exceed regulatory targets.
- Delivering increased value to your shareholders through exceeding customer and regulatory expectations.
- Improved ability to predict demand and output on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis.
- The opportunity to more effectively manage energy costs, maintenance and staffing schedules through accurate and timely forecasts.
- Ability to better manage future risks associated with the impacts of climate change.
Last updated: May 6, 2016 10:08 AM