The Strategic Priorities Fund programmes will bring together a broad range of research disciplines to drive an increase in high quality multi- and interdisciplinary research and innovation.
We will be allocating funding for the Clean Air, UK Climate Resilience and ExCALIBUR programmes through open competition.
|Lot number||Title||Amount (100% FEC)||Amount (80% FEC)||FY20/21||FY21/22||
|High-impact storylines and scenarios for risk assessment and planning||£350,000||£280,000|
Amount per FY
Amount per FY
The Met Office has a funding opportunity for the following project.
- Must be a UK operating and registered organisation.
- Consortium bids are eligible; a lead partner must be nominated for payment and agreement purposes and all parties must be UK operating and registered organisations. Details of all consortium members must be provided.
- Funding can only be used to fund new activity for the costs incurred.
- The activity must last the full duration of the Grant Award Term specified
- There must be a willingness to work with Authority and other organisations and individuals associated with the SPF Programme.
You may need to search for the Call reference: DN487386
Closing date (Outline Proposals): 16:00 on 15 October 2020
Closing date (Full Proposals - INVITE ONLY): 16:00 on 25 February 2021
Initial activities are designed to form an “exploratory phase” and to build a UK wide community around the project. More detail can be found in the Fusion Modelling System Science Plan attached to each call. The 8 calls are as follows:
T/NA078/20 - ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling System. FM-WP1 Numerical representation: Performance of Spectral Elements (Project NEPTUNE)
T/NA079/20 - ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling System. FM-WP1 Numerical representation: Optimal Use of Particles (Project NEPTUNE)
T/NA080/20 - ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling System. FM-WP1 Numerical Representation: Study of Uncertainty Quantification Techniques (Project NEPTUNE)
T/NA081/20 - ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling SystemFM-WP1 Numerical Representation: Study of Model Order Reduction (MOR) Techniques (Project NEPTUNE)
T/NA083/20 - ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling System. FM-WP2 Development of Plasma Fluid Referent Model via Exploratory Proxyapps (Project NEPTUNE)
T/NA084/20 - ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling System. FM-WP1 Numerical Representation: Investigate Matrix-Preconditioning Techniques (Project NEPTUNE)
T/NA085/20 - ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling System. FM-WP2 Plasma multiphysics model: Development of gyro-averaged referent model (Project NEPTUNE)
T/NA086/20 - ExCALIBUR Fusion Modelling System. FM-WP4 Code structure and coordination: Investigate DSL and code generation techniques (Project NEPTUNE)