Guidance for users on using UKCP products
Guidance on using UKCP
A number of peer-reviewed guidance was produced in the development of the UK Climate Projections. Their purpose is to provide information for those analysing UKCP datasets:
- Data availability, access and formats (PDF - 1.3MB) [Updated July 2021] where you can find out what data is available for download and how you can access it.
- Representative Concentration Pathways (PDF - 259kB) where you can find out more about what they are and how we use them in the climate projections.
- Caveats and limitations which details issues that you need to be aware of when using UKCP datasets.
- How to use the different sets of Land Projections (PDF - 1.8MB). This guidance document helps you choose the set of projections that meets your needs.
- Bias-correction (PDF - 809kB). There are systematic differences between model results and observations (i.e. “biases”). When carrying out your analysis you will likely need to choose whether to adjust the climate data for these biases. The method chosen can be very specific to the application. This guide helps you make informed choices about bias correction methods.