Dr Catherine Hardacre
Catherine works on air quality modelling with the Met Office's Unified Model (UM) and the Numerical Atmospheric-dispersion Modelling Environment (NAME)
Catherine is currently working with Claire Witham in the Volcanic and Chemical team and with Paul Agnew in the Air Quality and Composition team. Her activities within these groups include:
- Updating the background oxidant fields in Met Office Dispersion Model (NAME).
- Collaborating with the Meteorological Service of Singapore (MSS) to improve their trans-boundary haze forecast.
- Contributing to improvement of the Air Quality configuration of the UM (AQUM).
Catherine's research has focused on interactions between the land surface and the atmosphere, particularly it's chemistry and composition, and how changes in these systems affect each other. She has used both measurement and numerical modelling techniques to improve understanding in this area.
- Atmospheric dispersion and air quality scientist at the UK Met Office (2015 - present).
- Research Associate at Lancaster University with the Atmospheric Chemistry in the Earth System (ACITES) network (2013 - 2015).
- Post Doctoral Research Assistant with the Tropospheric Chemistry and Earth Observation Group at the University of Edinburgh (2010 - 2012).
- PhD in Environmental Chemistry at the University of Edinburgh (2006 - 2010).