Mountain weather forecasts
Data and content used to provide Mountain weather forecasts
The Premium support - Mountain area polygons for each forecast are available to download; you will need to log in using your Met Office DataPoint Username and Password.
For each area the forecast should cover:
For day one:
- Risk of occurrence of a selection of hazards
- Weather symbol summary for three hourly slots
- Probability of precipitation
For day one and day two a detailed forecast provides:
- Hill Fog
- Maximum winds above 600m East and West Highlands, 500m Lake District and Snowdonia and 400m Brecon Beacons and Peak District (800m Brecon Beacons) Yorkshire Dales
- Temperature at valley and 900m levels (800m Brecon Beacons)
- Freezing level
- The latest pressure chart
- A 'National Park Authority (NPA) information' freeform text box containing information added by the NPA; this content is optional for the NPA and therefore will not always be present.