Dr Vivien Bright
Vivien is a scientist working in air quality and composition utilising the Met Office’s regional air quality modelling system for the UK and European domains.
Areas of expertise
- Atmospheric chemistry and composition
- Air quality
- Numerical modelling
- Boundary layer meteorology
Vivien contributes to the development of the Air Quality configuration of the Unified Model (AQUM) and delivery of the Met Office operational air quality forecast.
A key component of her current work is to further develop AQUM to forecast air pollution levels across Europe.
Vivien’s research has focused on understanding atmospheric composition and air quality within urban areas using both high resolution numerical models and measurement techniques. Her research has also involved evaluating air quality modelling techniques across urban conurbations.
- Air quality scientist at the Met Office (2016 - present).
- Post Doctoral Research Associate at the University of Cambridge (2012 - 2015).
- PhD in Atmospheric Science at the University of Birmingham (2008 - 2012).
- Operational Meteorologist at the Met Office (2007 - 2008).
- MSc in Applied Meteorology at the University of Reading (2005 - 2006).
- Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society