Name our storms - Terms and conditions
Name our storms - Terms and Conditions
- One name per person can be submitted through Twitter and is only a valid entry with the use of #nameourstorms.
- Entries can be submitted via Facebook by commenting on the post.
- Names can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Name our storms included in the subject line. Only one suggestion per person can be submitted via email.
- This project is being run by the Met Office and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter and Facebook.
- You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them when entering your suggested name.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Any offensive names submitted will be deleted and the person responsible will not be able to submit any future names.
- Names of previous storms that have resulted in loss of life will not be included eg Hurricane Katrina
- If a named ex-hurricane affects the UK then the original name will be used.
- The Met Office reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or has acted fraudulently in any way.
- The Met Office shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage. The Met Office also reserves the right to cancel the project if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.