UK Climate Projections (UKCP)
The UK Climate Projections (UKCP) provides the most up-to-date assessment of how the UK climate may change in the future. Find information that will help your climate change risk assessments and adaptation plans.
What are the UK Climate Projections (UKCP)?
The UK Climate Projections (UKCP) is a climate analysis tool that forms part of the Met Office Hadley Centre Climate Programme. The Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) support the UKCP.
UK Climate Projections headline findings
A summary of the most recent climate projections for the UK, including local, regional and global data.
- UK Climate Projections: Headline findings (PDF - 980kB)
- UK Climate Projections Science Overview Executive Summary (PDF - 884kB)
Summary material on the UKCP findings.
- UKCP18 overview slide set (PDF - 1.6MB)
- UKCP18 overview slide set with accompanying notes (PDF - 4.1MB)
- UKCP18 infographic: climate change over land (PDF - 6.6MB)
- UKCP18 infographic: marine climate change (PDF - 442kb)
- UKCP Local overview slide set (PDF - 3.3MB)
- UKCP Local overview slide set with accompanying notes (PDF - 2.1MB)
- UKCP Local infographics
- Watch our videos on the science behind UKCP
UKCP Local (2.2km) Update
The UKCP Local (2.2km) data have been updated, following a correction to the computer code identified in September 2020 . No other UKCP product is affected by the error and top-level UK climate change messages from UKCP are unchanged. The full suite of UKCP Local data have been updated, and we recommend using the new data for all new applications. Differences between the original and new data primarily affect snow, winter temperature and hourly precipitation extremes. We also introduce a metric for lightning. Further details on this and previous updates can be found on the Project News page here.
Climate projections and visualisation for your area
You can find out more about climate change in your local area in this climate change visualisation tool.
This tool is a collaboration with the BBC. It combines our climate projections and records to visualise climate change in the UK.