UK Climate Projections (UKCP)
The UK Climate Projections (UKCP) provides the most up-to-date assessment of how the UK climate may change in the future. Find information that will help your climate change risk assessments and adaptation plans.
What are the UK Climate Projections (UKCP)?
The UK Climate Projections (UKCP) is a climate analysis tool that forms part of the Met Office Hadley Centre Climate Programme. The Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) support the UKCP.
Latest climate projections
UK Climate Projections headline findings
A summary of the most recent climate projections for the UK, including local, regional and global data.
- UK Climate Projections: Headline findings (PDF - 337kB)
- UK Climate Projections Science Overview Executive Summary (PDF - 884kB)
UKCP18 and recent projections for the UK climate
Summary material on the UKCP findings.
- UKCP18 slide set (PDF - 1.6MB)
- UKCP18 slide set with accompanying notes (PDF - 4.1MB)
- UKCP18: Climate change over land (PDF - 6.6MB)
- UKCP18: Marine climate change (PDF - 442kb)
UKCP Enhancements – the latest additions to the UKCP set of climate data
A set of new UKCP products are now available to use alongside the existing suite of data:
- The UKCP Probabilistic Projections of Climate Extremes as described in
- The addition of a low emissions scenario (RCP 2.6) to UKCP Global as described in
Additional information is also available for those users who wish to understand the behaviour of UKCP climate models:
- A set of European climate indices, representing the large scale drivers of UK weather and climate within UKCP Global as described in
- Factsheet on soil moisture and water balance metrics [PDF - 1.3MB]
- A technical report on the role of internal variability in the UKCP Global models [PDF - 2.7MB]
For further details, see the announcement on the Project News page.